7 Saints for Fertility and Family
1. St. Gerard Majella: patron saint of pregnant women and childbirth
2. St. Joseph: patron saint of the unborn and fathers
3. St. Brigit of Kildare/Ireland: patron saint of newborn babies
4. St. Rita of Cascia: patron saint of infertility
5. St. Anne: patron saint of mothers, grandparents, housewives, childless couples, and sterility
6. St. Nicholas: patron saint of children
7. St. Mary, Mother of God: Of course, no such list would be complete without Jesus’ own mother. She’s the perfect example of someone who dealt with a surprise pregnancy with grace (pun intended). As a mother to us all, we turn to her to intercede with her son on our behalf and the behalf of others.
Childless couples in the bible:
- Abraham & Sara : Book of Genesis, 17, 15-22/ 18, 1-15/21, 1-7
- Jacob & Rachel : Book of Genesis, 30, 1-22
- Manoah & his wife (Birth of Samson): Book of Judges, 13
- Elkana & Anne : 1st book of Samuel, 1
- Zacharie & Elisabeth : Gospel according to St. Luke, 1, 5-80
Emmanuel House of Providence is a Catholic center for prayer and evangelisation http://www.emmanuelhouse.ie/
St Colette –the saint to pray for a child.
Places of pilgrimage in Ireland (Cork):
Places of pilgrimage in France.
Knock Shrine, Knock, Co. Mayo https://www.knockshrine.ie